How Can I Help My Children
Do Better In School?
A Checklist for Parents
- Keep your children healthy.
- Talk with your children.
- Listen to our children.
- Praise your children.
- Be patient with your children.
- Avoid comparing your children.
- Set the stage for good homework habits.
- Schedule home study on a regular basis.
- Set a bedtime and stick to it.
- See that your children's school attendance is
- Know exactly how your children are doing in
- Make family mealtime meaningful.
- Make television your servant, not your master.
- Take your children places.
- Read with your children.
- Help your children read.
- Have your children read to you.
- Listen as your children tell you about what
they have read.
- Provide a wide variety of reading materials in
- Give your children books as birthday or holiday
- Tempt your children with paper back books.
- Intrigue your children with their own magazine
- Get your children interested in daily
- Join and uses the free public library.
- Encourage a wide variety of reading